My wish to all the Cuisinistas out there is to take it easy this holiday season! One of the major secrets to a flawless holiday party is having a simple but chic menu. Give yourself a break!
You have to be able to make most or all of the dishes ahead of time so you can mingle and enjoy the party. One of my favorites to make is Peppered Pecans. It’s pretty easy to make and you already have most of the ingredients, if not all, in your pantry. You can set these out next to other apps at your party or wrap them up as a festive favor. This is great for a last minute party. Here’s the recipe:
- 1 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground dried thyme
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco®)
- 1/8 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring (optional)
- 1 pound pecan halves
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray a large heavy roasting pan with cooking spray.
- Mix black pepper, white pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika, and dried thyme in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk egg whites in a large bowl until foamy. Add Worcestershire, hot sauce, and liquid smoke flavoring and whisk to mix. Drop in pecans and stir to coat well.
- Pour coated pecans into a colander to drain off extra egg white mixture; return to bowl and add the pepper mixture. Stir well to coat each pecan with spices.
- Spread pecans in prepared roasting pan. Roast in preheated oven for 5 minutes and stir pecans; roast an additional 5 minutes and stir again. Turn off heat and roast pecans an additional 5 to 10 minutes until pecans are lightly browned and fragrant. Let cool and serve at room temperature.
Does anyone have any other favorite holiday party recipes? Let us know and we will add them to our site! Check out our recipe list for this party here: http://e2a.6f8.mywebsitetransfer.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Wish-Upon-a-Holiday-Recipe-Plan.pdf