5 Ingredient Granola Bars
This is a healthy, easy, no-bake recipe that any busy health-conscious person should try at home or for any breakfast or brunch get-together. Your friends will thank you and so will your tastebuds.
- 1 Packed Cup Pitted Dates about 220g
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup (or Agave Nectar or Honey)
- 1/4 Cup Creamy Salted Natural Peanut Butter (or Almond Butter)
- 1 1/2 Cups Rolled Oats
- Optional Add-ins Chocolate Chips, Dried Fruit, Nuts, Banana Chips, Vanilla
- Process Dates in Food Processor until its has a dough-like consistency. To help dates blend more easily, soak dates in water before processing for 10 minutes and drain.
- Toast your oats at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes until slightly golden brown for a toasted flavor.
- Put oats and dates in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Heat up maple syrup and peanut butter in a small pan over low heat. Stir and pour over oats/dates mix and mix up so dates are spread evenly throughout.
- Transfer to 8x8 baking dish or small pan lined with parchment paper and press down pretty hard into the dish. Use a glass or a smaller pan to push down mix into the dish. This helps the ingredients hold together better.
- Cover with parchment paper and set in fridge or freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from fridge or freezer and cut into even bars (about 10). Store in fridge or freezer for a few days in an airtight container.
*Recipe adjusted slightly from www.minimalistbaker.com
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!