- 2 avocados
- Black Pepper to taste
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2/3 serving organic red beans (cooked)
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tsp shriracha hot sauce
- 1 tsp cilantro (fresh or dried)
- 1-2 tomatoes of choice chopped/minced (mix and match if you’d like. I use Roma, or beefsteak, or jersey or combo
- Squeeze of lime
- Cook your red beans as necessary – Strain and place in a large bowl
- Using a potato masher, mash your red beans to a desired “paste”
- Add your 2 avocados and again mash avocados and beans together to desired “thickness”
- Add your garlic, Olive Oil, Hot Sauce, Onions – Stir
- Add tomatoes – Stir
- Add your pepper to taste, as well as your cilantro, squeeze your lime slice
- Stir and Serve!
While the above seems somewhat “traditional” all ingredients are “whole” and the addition of beans gives this guacamole a nice boost in protein, as well as a further boost in “good” carbs. High in “good” mono and polyunsaturated fats as well. When accompanied with a non-flour “chip” or side or when used as a spread over some mixed greens, this is a totally guiltless snack or appetizer.
Hope you enjoy!