- 4 slices bacon, rind removed chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon instant minced garlic (optional)
- 2 (1.76 lb) cans tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Place bacon, onion, and garlic in a casserole dish. Cook on stove on high for 3 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir. Cook on high for 16 to 18 minutes, stirring once during cooking.
- Puree and serve in individual soup shot-size espresso cups (For a modern clear look, we like these espresso cups. For classic white, try these)
- Garnish with flakes of Parmesan cheese and some light sour cream
- Serve with open-faced Reuben sandwiches (shown above) or a simple but oh-so-perfect mini grilled cheeses
*Recipe adjusted slightly from Food.com.