“it’s the most wonderful time of the year” rings in our heads during this holiday season and I have to say, for me, it IS the most wonderful time of the year. Especially being a party planning Cuisinista! This is the time of the year where we get to throw the most fabulous events – and everyone is so jolly! What are we bringing to the table this time – ornament decorating! But, with a charitable twist! We have a tradition among our friends to write our annual “wishes and dreams” and place them inside our homemade ornament. This time, we are making a donation to the Make a Wish Foundation so these sweet babies can make their own personal wishes and watch them come true.
How to prepare for this party:
- Step One – go to a craft store and buy anything that inspires you (tinsel, glitter, holiday themed stickers, glue, and of course, don’t forget your clear ornaments.
- Step Two – Show up to the party!
Additional tips for making your party perfect:
- No extra décor is needed as I’m sure you have your place already spruced up for the holidays.
- After everyone makes their special ornament, hang them on the tree and take a group picture – what a memory that will last a lifetime.
- Have some flavored creamer for coffee, (egg nog, peppermint, gingerbread, etc), hot cocoa and baileys on hand!
- If you’re hosting the event, have a few extra ornament hooks and ornaments to decorate for those guests who show up thinking they are just “stopping by” for the holidays with no intention of actually participating. They will be grateful they can partake in the fun once they are there!
Because style is everything!