- 2 cups sugar
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice
- Bring 1 cup water to a boil in a medium saucepan
- Add the sugar and stir until it dissolves
- Add the strawberries and mint and simmer for 5 more minutes
- Remove from the heat and let steep until completely cool
- Strain the strawberry mixture and discard any solids
- In a 1-gallon clear pitcher, add the lemon juice, 14 cups of ice and cold water, and the strawberry mint syrup.
- Stir until well mixed
If you want to spice this up, you could swap out the water for iced tea flavored vodka- YUM!