So what should we chop up for the party? I say we do some fondue, don’t you? Fondue is a great party dish because it caters to multiple tastes (the various kinds of dippers) and almost everyone loves CHEESE! It involves a lot of dippers that need to be chopped up and typically take a lot of time. But with Cutco Knives – it’s super easy! I have used this recipes for many parties in the past and I always get complements. The recipe is practically foolproof! ENJOY!
Cheddar and Hard Cider Fondue*
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
- Prep: 10 Minutes
- Cook: 20 Minutes
- 1 12 oz Bottle Hard Cider
- 3/4 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 TB Worchestershire Sauce
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1/2 pound Gruyere, grated
- 1/2 pound sharp Vermont or New York yellow cheddar
- 3 TB Corn Starch
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 TB Bourbon
- Green apples
- cooked chicken and apple sausages
- Heat cider, broth, worchestshire and garlic in a medium pot over medium heat and simmer for 5 minutes
- Toss the cheeses together in a medium bowl. Sift the corn starch over the cheese, and toss to coat slightly.
- Using a wooden spoon, sprinkle some cheese mixture into the warm liquid and continue to stir in small amounts of cheese until it is all incorporated and the fondue is smooth and melted, about 15 minutes. Stir in cayenne, salt and bourbon.
- Transfer to a fondue pot or double boiler and serve with desired dippers.
*Recipe altered from foodnetwork.com