Who’s ready to DIG INTO some pizza and ice cream? Um every kid on the planet, right? Immediately after “Pizza Time” is the best time to feature a “Dirt & Worms” Ice Cream Sundae Bar! Just set out these ingredients with spoons and bowls and either put together and serving time or let parents serve their kids when ready. Two words – SIMPLE and HIT.
“Dirt & Worms” Ice Cream Sundae Bar
- Crushed Oreos (Dirt)
- Gummy worms (Worms)
- Rainbow sprinkles (Pebbles)
- Vanilla ice cream (Cement)
Safety First, Quench Your Thirst!
Definitely have some adult beverages as well as water available on ice. I love themed water bottle labels! They’re a cute and easy way to add more flair to your party. We’ve ordered these personalized dump truck-themed water bottle labels from sosweetpartyshop on Etsy.
Just having delish pizza and ice cream is not enough. You need organized times to serve everything. I’ve learned that structure is EVERYTHING in making sure everyone has fun at a kids party. An organized and well planned party prevents the already very exciting environment from getting too chaotic (I.e. 15 screaming toddlers). Yeah no thanks. Here are 3 steps to simple pizza party structure:
- Designate a time for pizza and arrange for your child’s favorite pizza (and maybe 1 other variety) to be delivered 15 min beforehand.
- Schedule ice cream/cake time and stick to it.
- Plan activities for the kids in between pizza and ice cream/cake time. Our party is in a playroom so the kids have a designated playing space. Plan games such as a piñata, “red light, green light”, or dump truck toss. More on this next blog!